Evaluating to find your business’ strengths and weaknesses
When I begin working with a business I focus on many different things. And all of these things always come back to one of the five areas listed below. I call them the 5 Ps of business.
To help you see how your business ranks and the strengths and weaknesses in your business there is a little evaluation below. This evaluation is not meant to be complex or even detailed. It is just to get you thinking and determining areas that you need to work on in your business to get it to the preferred future that is in your heart.
Rank these questions from 1 – 10. Ten being very, very good or you totally agree with.
Products and services
- Do you feel the business carries the right products or offers the right services?
- Are the number of “new” customers/clients/patients/etc. coming in satisfactory?
- Are you getting the desired type of “new” customers/clients/patients/etc.?
- Do you feel you have the correct staff in every position?
- Do you feel the staff is being trained properly?
- Do you feel the staff is committed to the business and customers/clients/patients/etc.?
- Are the staff following the direction of the business’ leadership?
- Are the profits known and focused on on a daily basis?
- Do you as an owner understand your financial statements?
- Is the entire staff committed to increasing profits?
- Are the processes in place throughout the business the right ones?
- Are there processes in place for every department?
- Do you as owner have a hard time following the processes put in place?